We are the teachers´ union for those of you who are qualified teachers, study and vocational guidance counselors or are studying to become one of these. Welcome!
Sveriges Lärare is the largest union for academics with more than 300,000 members in all sectors of the school system: for example, primary school, upper secondary school, preschool, leisure center, adult education and university.
Five popular member benefits
There are many reasons to become a member in Sveriges Lärare, five popular ones are;
- Safety with a local representative at your workplace and the right to assistance in negotiations when needed.
- Advice from our experts on what applies according to collective agreements and laws.
- Income insurance and other favorable member insurances if something should happen.
- Salary coaching and access to the latest salary statistics when you need arguments for a salary increase.
- Inspiration with a guaranteed ability in our digital inspiration events and our magazine “Vi Lärare” to your homer adress.
Who can become a member?
Our criteria for becoming a member:
Our entry criteria
Is your position not listed?
If you are employed and your assignment includes teaching, but your position is not listed in the list above, you may still be entitled to membership. Call and consult with us on 077-515 05 00.
You who have been a professional teacher or study and career counselor can become a retiree member.
Professionally-active 75 % or more: 280 SEK/month
Professionally-active 74 % or 140 SEK /month
Student teacher: 0 SEK
Newly qualified first 6 months: 140 SEK/ month
PhD Student: 65 SEK/ month
Retired: 65 SEK/ month
A union of academics
Important to join the right trade union
- If you are an unqualified teacher without a teaching degree, but with an academic education and diploma, we refer you to the Saco Association of which you can become a member.
- If you are, for example, a child minder, student assistant or teaching assistant without a teaching degree, or other academic degree and not studying to become a teacher, we refer you to the union Kommunal.
- If you are a school leader or principal, we refer you to Swedish School Leaders’ Union.